Saturday, January 1, 2011

Five ideas/approaches I noticed in NatGeo DVD that would make me a better photographer:

1. Choose an angle that would put me in the middle of the action.
2. Study people's gestures or emotions and try to create a mood for the photograph.
3. Try something unconventional with movement.
4. When photographing something large, have a person stand near it so the object can be put to scale.
5. You have to be patient when taking pictures, don't rush.

My favorite National Geographic photographer is Michael Melford because he is exceptional at several different forms of photography including portraits, location, and aerials.

My favorite picture in the DVD was of the Afghan Girl. This photo was great because it displayed the girl's raw emotion through her eyes.

The photographers mentioned the rule of thirds and framing in the DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment